Mental health disorders can be significant burdens for any person. In the United States and throughout the world, millions of people find these conditions to be debilitating on a daily basis.
Sadly, many of these individuals don’t pursue treatment for a variety of reasons. By looking for the right type and level of care, you can greatly improve your outcome and live a happier, healthier life.
Signature Psychiatric Hospital offers inpatient and outpatient services for adolescents and adults who are struggling with mental health concerns.
Learn About Treatment for Mental Health Disorders
If you’re struggling with a mental health disorder, it can seem like there is no path forward. But at a mental health treatment center, you can understand that you’re not alone in your search for answers — and you can work to address the sorrow and confusion you may be feeling.
When you receive personalized mental health treatment from a group of experienced professionals, you may start to feel like better days are ahead. They can help you examine the pain of your past and your uncertain present, leading you to what will hopefully be a more fulfilling future.
At our mental health treatment place in Kansas City, Missouri, we can meet you where you are on your journey and equip you with the tools that can take you where you want to go. Our inpatient and outpatient treatment options provide flexibility for patients at different stops on the road to better health.
The Benefits of Mental Health Disorder Treatment
If you’re living with a mental health disorder, you may struggle to eat, sleep, or enjoy activities you once looked forward to. Routine activities can feel like they’re too much to handle. And it can be difficult for those closest to you to imagine how you feel.
By participating in programming at a mental health treatment center, you can start to make sense of your diagnosis and learn important coping skills. These strategies can help you identify the root cause of your struggles and react to adversity in a productive, satisfying manner.
While you’re taking part in therapeutic sessions, you may have the chance to meet others who have faced similar challenges. You can also work with outstanding mental health professionals whose goal each day is to help you thrive in our programming and set the stage for a more enjoyable life.
Therapies Used to Treat Mental Health Disorders
Because mental illness affects everyone differently, there is no specific therapeutic offering that works across the board. That’s why it’s important to have a variety of options available in your mental health treatment plan.
At Signature Psychiatric Hospital, each patient receives a personalized mental health disorder treatment plan that reflects their individual needs. We use a pre-admission assessment to prioritize which therapies are right for you and offer you the best chance to experience the most optimal outcome.
Depending on this assessment, your treatment plan may include:
- Basic medical care
- Medication management services
- Detoxification services if you are also being treated for a co-occurring substance use disorder
- Daily group therapy
- Individual therapy every other day
- Family therapy at least once during the course of treatment
During your therapeutic sessions, we may utilize components of the 12-Step recovery method as well as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).
Why Choose Our Mental Health Disorder Treatment Center?
Deciding to receive professional care at a qualified mental health disorder treatment place is a big step. While it’s a decision that can have many positive lasting effects, it’s important to understand what you’re signing up for before you begin treatment.
At Signature Psychiatric Hospital, our assessment counselors and registered nurses are eager to answer any questions you may have prior to admission. When you come to our mental health treatment center, you may benefit from:
- Personalized treatment plans: The assessment process can give us a window into your medical and psychiatric past, your current symptoms, and your goals for the future. This will help us determine what services will be most effective for you.
- Clinically superior care: Every service at our treatment center is evidence-based, which means that you’ll only be participating in therapeutic interventions and sessions that have a track record of helping people better understand the mental health concerns they’re facing.
- Detailed discharge plans: We will begin creating your aftercare plan when you start treatment, and we will update it throughout your time with us to reflect your progress. When it’s time for you to leave our treatment center, we will provide you with a detailed continuing care plan that may include information about follow-up services, community resources, and support groups that can set you up for continued success.
If you have any questions about the inpatient or outpatient services at Signature Psychiatric Hospital, don’t hesitate to contact us. A member of our assessment team will be happy to connect with you to help you determine if our mental health treatment center is the right choice for you on your road to a happier, healthier life.
This content was written on behalf of and reviewed by the clinical staff at Signature Psychiatric Hospital.